Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Target: A Series Of Unfortunate Events

Target is awesome. Generally.

Unless you want a job, or something crazy like that.

So I get up and shower, shave, eat, etc. Then I get on a nice black dress shirt, and clean my black Vans, to look presentable. The car is out of gas, so I take the only 20 left to my name, and get some gas. The day before I had been at Target and an employee said that if I went to the computer, filled out and application, and picked up the mysterious "red phone", then I would get a manager. After this mystical red phone of economic relief was to connect me with a manager, I would schedule a job interview. Sounds great, right?

F.

So I get to Target. I go to the computers to fill out an application. Some people were there, so I had to wait until they were finished with their applications. Eh, waiting 10-15 minutes wouldn't have been that bad. Well, I was mistaken. The woman filling out the application must have never seen a computer in her life, or she was inebriated. Possibly a combination of both. I waited for somewhere around an hour and a half for her to get done. at this point I wasn't too upset, because my mind was full of hope and excitement. So I sat down expecting an application process of epic proportions, yet what I got was a finished application in about 15 minutes. That made me mildly distraught, and curious as to how the woman before me took over an hour. I was not discouraged though, so with a grin from ear to ear, and a sparkle in my eye, I picked up the all powerful crimson phone of hope. Ring, ring, ring.."Operator.", I heard. "Hi, I just completed my application, and I was told to pick up the red phone when I was done.", I said happily. "Okay." *click*. I sat there thinking to myself, "Do I wait?" So I waited. Once my spirit grew weary of waiting, I consulted a staff member only to be shrugged off and told that they had, "Nothing to do with it." WTF? Oh, cool.


Cool.


I bite my thumb at you, Target.

Pic related. It's my face after leaving Target.

1 comment:

  1. Nice pic ...

    cant belive that the staff member shrugged you off.

    like how you said "the all powerful crimson phone of hope." nice.

    ReplyDelete